Sunday, May 20, 2018

Blog Forum VII

I really enjoyed Scobel Wiggins coming to class and giving us some of her photography knowledge, wisdom, and pointers. Two things that stood out to me are her angles, she likes the low angle- as it gives a more heroic view of the subject. She emphasized importance of getting to the spot you need to be, set up, and wait for the moment to happen. Knowing where you want to be for the perfect photo is everything. When she shoots sports, Scobel knows where the action is going to be good, posts up there and waits. When she shot the wedding on the trail, knowing the trail in advance, where she wanted to take photos, very detail oriented and well planned. Being well planned, organized, and knowing my scene is how I'm going to tackle my sport photo shoot. Watching a bit of the game, to see who is best at what or where the best action takes place, I'll be able to set up at a good spot and hopefully catch some good shots.

Kids baseball or T-ball is the sport I am hoping shoot this week. At an evening practice, shooting an overall of everyone in the dugout, or lined up for a drill. A good medium shot of a play at first base, or a celebratory catch or run. A close up of the team name, or a kiddos hand and the ball or griped around the bat. Sports will be the most challenging shoot yet, but I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment